TERMS AND CONDITIONS / LIABILITY AGREEMENT OF RENTAL
- All rental items will remain the property of STATE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT (SME) at all times.
- Charges will be determined based on the length of time rental equipment is in possession of named renter based on contract dates listed on rental form. Any change to the rental period will be by verbal or written agreement only with SME. If renter fails to surrender items on agreed return date and time, SME reserves the right to charge the renter’s credit card for full retail value of rental items in addition to charges incurred for the rental period.
- All rental items must be returned to SME staff. Equipment cannot be left at airports, with a rental car agencies, or in your hotel rooms after checkout. If items are left and unable to be retrieved in a timely fashion, SME reserves the right to charge the renter’s credit card for full retail value of rental items in addition to charges incurred for the rental period.
- Renter has examined the rental items and found them to be in good condition and will return the items in the same condition they were received. If items are returned damaged or in disrepair, including missing parts, renter is obligated to pay the cost of repair in addition to charges incurred for the rental period. If item is irreparable, renter is obligated to pay the full retail value of irreparable items in addition to charges incurred for the rental period. There will be an additional $50.00 charge for any item that is returned in exceptionally dirty condition and will be debited to the credit card on file.
- Renter is liable for misuse of equipment and in the event of an accident, including death, releases SME from any and all claims arising. Under no circumstances will SME be held responsible for any damage, injury, or loss, including death, arising from the use of any rented equipment or the failure of the equipment to function as intended by the manufacturer.
- Delivery fees are predetermined based on delivery location and size of rental equipment. Any trips in addition to delivery or pick-up to any location that are not the fault of SME may incur an additional charge.
- In order to extend the length of rental, renter must call at least 24 hours ahead of original return date. If renter exceeds return date and has no communication with SME regarding extension, SME reserves the right to charge the renter’s credit card for appropriate fees.
- Late Fee:
- Cost of late fee will be determine based on the original DAILY, WEEKLY, and MONTHLY rate of item rented, along with the total days that the rental item is late.
9. Once order/rental has been placed card may be charged immediately.
10. There is a 20% cancellation fee once order has been placed successfully and processed.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.